[Question] I’m staying in Japan. What should I do if I have lost my passport?


If you have lost your passport, you should undertake the following procedures:

  1. File a report on lost property with the nearest police office and obtain a certificate of theft or loss of the passport.
  2. By submitting this certificate and other documents to your country's government agency in Japan, you will be able to have your passport (provisional passport/travel affidavit) re-issued.

Police Offices in Osaka
Embassies and Consulate Generals in Japan