Designated activities

[Question] I would like to take a Working Holiday to Japan. What criteria do I need to meet? What procedures are necessary?

This system was introduced to allow youths from countries with bilateral agreements to work for a certain period of time in Japan to supplement their travel expenses while they sightsee around Japan. For more information, please refer to Foreign Affairs Ministry HP.

[Question] Can a foreign student stay after graduation to look for a job?


If a foreign student has not found a job by the time they graduate, they may continue their job hunt by changing their status of residence to “Designated Activities.” Such a student may stay up to one year with this status as long as their alma mater is helping them in their job search. 
For details, please refer to Immigration HP.