[Question]I have not been paid for my work. What kind of action can I take?


By law, wages should be paid directly to a worker themselves in cash, in full, at least once a month on a fixed date. For unpaid wages, you can report the case to the local Labor Standards Inspection Office in the area where your employer is located. You can get advice in foreign languages at the following office in Osaka.
At the Osaka Prefectural Comprehensive Labor Office, an appointment is necessary if interpreter (English/Chinese) is required.

If your non-payment of wages is the result of your employer’s bankruptcy, however, there is a government system to compensate payment of unpaid wages based on the “Security of Wage Payment Law” designed to ensure payment of wages for workers.

For more information on Replacement Payment of Unpaid Wages, you can contact the competent Labor Standards Inspection Office.