Marital problems

[Question] My husband has been abusing me, both physically and verbally. How and where can I seek help?

The Law on Prevention of Spouse Violence and Protection of Victims (DV Prevention Law) allows government authorities to provide various forms of support to physically and psychologically abused wives, including urging witnesses of domestic violence to report the case to relevant agencies, offering consultation, protection and self-reliance program to the victims. The law also covers foreigners who are abused by their husbands. If you are suffering from domestic violence you can seek help and advice by contacting following centers.

Osaka Women’s Center 06-6949-6181

Child and Family Center in Osaka