Seeking participants for "2022 Training Session for Volunteer Disaster Interpreters/Translators"
|Seminar||Seeking participants for "2022 Training Session for Volunteer Disaster Interpreters/Translators"|
|Outline||As part of OFIX’s efforts to support foreign residents to live more comfortably in Osaka, it is necessary to develop the skills of volunteer interpreters and translators. Furthermore since we live in a disaster-prone country, it is essential to offer multi-lingual support for foreign residents during possible disasters. To this end, this training session is designed to cultivate human resources capable of playing an active role in supporting foreign residents in the event of a disaster.|
|Requirements||1) 18 years of age or older
2) Live, commute or study in Osaka Prefecture.
3) Able to communicate in Japanese and other languages
4) Those who can be contacted by email.
5) Those who are registered as OFIX Disaster Interpreter/Translator Volunteers or those who are willing to register.
|Schedule||4th Mar, 2023 PM1:30-PM4:30|
|No. of participants||30 people
• Anyone of any nationality, who is interested in becoming a linguistic bridge for foreign residents, is welcome!
• If too many people request it, we will draw lots to see who can attend.
|Application Deadline||14th Feb, 2023|
|Application||Please refer to the application guidelines(only in Japanese) and send the application form(only in Japanese) below via e-mail or print and mail to OFIX:
5th Fl. Mydome Osaka, 2-5 Hommachibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-0029
Tel: 06-6966-2400 Fax: 06-6966-2401
※Please write ”0304 Training" in the subject line if you wish to register by email.
Application form(PDF) Application form(Word)
Application guidelines(PDF) Flyer(PDF)