Introduction Video of Orion House
Location of Orion House
- Building Site Are
- 1,984.9m 2
- Total Building Floor Space
- 2,866.9m 2
- Supervisor Facility
- Dormitory Manager Office
- Common facilities
- Common room, meeting room, study room, kitchen (gas stove, water heater, sink, washing machine and dryer) etc.
- Living facilities
- 85 rooms (2nd floor: 30 rooms, 3rd floor: 30 rooms, 4th floor: 15 rooms, 5th floor: 10 rooms) Each room is 17 m 2 and equipped with a unit bath (bath tub, shower, toilet, sink), air conditioner, desk and chair, bed, refrigerator, etc.
2018 Welcome Party!
We held our annual welcome party to help foster friendships between Orion residents and members of the local community, with 58 people participating in the event.
Members from Sakai Goryodaiko came and played Japanese taiko drums with the residents for the second time, resulting in a fun atmosphere.
2017 Winter Party
Our local exchange event last winter attracted 55 participants.
After a greeting from the chairman of Higashi Uenoshiba-cho Residents Association and information about crime prevention from Sakai City Kita Police Station, the dormitory manager and residents performed rakugo, to the surprise of the guests.
We also did self-introductions and played bingo. These activities helped create a relaxed, homelike environment for the party.
Introducing the Orion Tutors FY 2019
Our tutors plan and run events in the dormitory, and are on hand to assist the dormitory manager and help consult their fellow residents if necessary.
They will organise various events at Orion International House this year, including events that help students with their daily life.
Qualifications for Residency / Application
To become a resident you must:
- Be a foreign student currently enrolled at a graduate school, university, junior college, or technical college (kōtō-semmon-gakkō) as stipulated in Article 1 of the School Education Act, or alternatively a foreign student currently enrolled at a vocational school (senshu-gakkō-semmon-katei) or the Osaka Japanese Language Education Center as stipulated in paragraph 2 of Article 126 of the same Act;
- plan to live by yourself;
- be doing well academically and have a healthy lifestyle, but have had difficulty in securing housing.
- Preference will be given to those studying in Japan at their own expense.
- Period of Residence: Up to two years
- Rent: 26,000 yen/month
- To Apply: Students must apply through their enrolled university etc. and provide a letter of recommendation from their school.
- Please apply at the International Student Office at your school.
- If you would like to apply, please submit the following Moving-in Application Form (Form 1) and Medical Certificate (Form 2) to your student office and receive a recommendation from your head of school.
- Once you have prepared the necessary documents, please have your school submit them together with the letter of recommendation.
- For students who wish to move in:
- For university staff: